Monday, November 3, 2008

Matki fod @ JIITU

Inspired by the Matki Fod event of Mumbai, some people decided to organize an event of Matki Fod during our annual fest “JIVE’ 06”. My batch mates were very eager to participate in this event because other batches were preparing for this event and my batch also does not want to be behind. Actually everyone wants to remove the “Padhaku” tag, which had been labeled onto our batch in the Ist year. The event required a team of 18 members, 15 people to make tower and 3 supporters. They selected me to be at the top (I think u know why), since no one else was ready for that, so finally I agreed. Haan to bol diya but I was really scared.

After the class, everyone was in the ground to make the tower and to practice for the final event. There was a huge discussion and ultimately the design for the tower was decided (8+4+2+1). The selected stronger and healthy ones were at the bottom, while the less strong ones were over them. I was to be at the 4th level. After completing the two levels, people of the 3rd level were ready to climb, others were helping them to reach there, but I was just praying ki yeh level na ban paaye……….and I think God was with me that day. As soon as the 3rd level completed, the first level people got misbalanced and within a second they all were down……Only I knew how happy I was at that time.

But they all got up, tried again, first, second and then 3rd level was completed now its time for me to climb to the top, they were looking for me but I wasn’t there, I was running for my life. The supporters ran after me and tried to catch me, but till the time they succeeded, the tower was down. This way I saved my life for one more time. But everyone was mad at me, they all were shouting at me. Now one of them holds me so that I couldn’t run away. They again and again tried to make the tower but sometimes they could reach upto the second level and sometimes till the 3rd level, but mera number aane se pehle hi, they all were on the ground. The rest of the guys were busy in taking snaps, we tried for two hours but were not able to make the complete tower for once. Some of them were upset, some were unhappy, some were wanted to give a try for one more time……..but seriously guys I was the happiest person on that day after all jaan jo bach gayi thi yaar. The “padhaku” tag given to our batch was proved right once again…….but after a while everyone was looking cool and happy….because at least we gave a try. That evening was full of masti n mazaa and full of fun, we really enjoyed each and every moment of that evening.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That day was awesome....those were some happy memories