Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Bet

This is one of the most memorable moments that happened to me in college .We were in 3rd semester and as usual we (me ,navankur, mabbo) went to cafe .It was monday and usually on mondays pizzas were available in cafe. At that time I was very much fond of pizzas.so I had a pizza and a coldrink(500ml).I enjoyed it very much till the last bite. While we were about to return suddenly navankur challenged me "if you are a real punjabi then eat 2 more pizzas". And mabbo ne as usual aag mein ghee ka kam kiya,bas "PUNJABI" suna and it blocked my mind ab to sare punjabiyan di izzat mere hath mein thi so i got excited and accepted the challenge.Finally we had a bet that I will eat 2 more pizzas and nav will pay for pizzas and will give me Rs.50 more. He went and brought 2 pizzas, I enjoyed the firstone as "The first blow is half the battle", I was sure that am gonna win the bet. But when it came to second one I was just throwing it into my stomach it was really terribleas i was almost full n top of that the pizza was burnt from back side.But I had to eat it as per the bet.And somehow I managed to eat the pizzass and won the bet for the time being but in reality I lost because pretty soon my stomach started aching and I coundn't sleep for that whole night and i had to reserve the toilet for three days as there may be emergency call anytime.Everybody was laughing and teasing me by saying "beta aur khale pizza" after that I made a confession to myself ki navankur and mabbo ki baaton mein kabhi nahi aana aur apni akal lagana.
so the moral of the story is "josh josh mein hosh nahi khona chahiye","You aren't rewarded for having brains, you're rewarded for using them".

4 comments:

silence said...

hi gomes..wel told story
one line for U.."V knw d truth, not nly by d reason, but by d heart"
its ma fav one liner hope u liked it..it goes wel wid ur story

simmy said...

@ silence ......
well they say silence speaks a lott !!
i guess its pretty much true ....but could u plsss tell us who u are ...

gomes said...

@ silence
thanxx for ur comment
hope u keep on reading our blog

Unknown said...

well gomes
can only say one thing regarding this post
VERY WELL WRITTEN.....maza aa gaya padh ke